Page 5 of 10

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:19 pm
by Hennybhoy
Everybody's free to buy it...... or not :wink:

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:36 pm
by LSMelo
I must say. I have it all from the Pogues (original and reissues from 2004), except Poguerty In Motion. If they would sell just the live CD I would buy it. As usual I download all from Internet and buy the silver CDs from the artists I love. But in this case wont buy. Don't want to have it all 3 times.

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:33 am
by deisecelt
What a bunch of fucking sellouts. You can easily pick up one of the many greatest hits compilations in tesco for a fiver. Seems to me the pogues are are obviously trying to squeeze their sucker fans of a few bob for a last ditch pension top up. When I think back to the reunion concert in the point I never saw it goin this way. The Paris DVD would have been a perfect way to go. Fitting too. In my eyes its over after Phil passed.


Bleed em dry pogues, bleed em dry - Pog mo thoin!

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:45 am
by Low D
deisecelt wrote:What a bunch of fucking sellouts. You can easily pick up one of the many greatest hits compilations in tesco for a fiver. Seems to me the pogues are are obviously trying to squeeze their sucker fans of a few bob for a last ditch pension top up. When I think back to the reunion concert in the point I never saw it goin this way. The Paris DVD would have been a perfect way to go. Fitting too. In my eyes its over after Phil passed.

Bleed em dry pogues, bleed em dry - Pog mo thoin!


To be fair, as has been stated, this is likely a decision made by The Brothers Warner, rather than the band itself (as are the decisions to constantly release different greatest hits compilations - although The Pogues did dictate the tracklisting on the last one, they had no say in whether or not there was going to BE one).

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:59 am
by Guest
Low D wrote:
deisecelt wrote:What a bunch of fucking sellouts. You can easily pick up one of the many greatest hits compilations in tesco for a fiver. Seems to me the pogues are are obviously trying to squeeze their sucker fans of a few bob for a last ditch pension top up. When I think back to the reunion concert in the point I never saw it goin this way. The Paris DVD would have been a perfect way to go. Fitting too. In my eyes its over after Phil passed.

Bleed em dry pogues, bleed em dry - Pog mo thoin!


To be fair, as has been stated, this is likely a decision made by The Brothers Warner, rather than the band itself (as are the decisions to constantly release different greatest hits compilations - although The Pogues did dictate the tracklisting on the last one, they had no say in whether or not there was going to BE one).


Bollocks. There's very few bands with so many compilations. They sold the lot. Sold every right to their music for easy money it seems. 10 compilation albums based largely on 3 out of 7 albums. Oh and if that doesn't convince ya, FONY - released ten times and counting. Nothing to do with the Pogues either I suppose. I hope warner and pogues loose big financially on this one then maybe that'll be it.

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:40 am
by Christof_Cologne
Amazon Germany listed it for the 18. November
http://www.amazon.de/30-Years-Pogues/dp ... es+box+set

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:08 am
by James Murphy
What a shame they passed that law meaning you legally have to buy releases from bands you like. That's going to cripple us all finanically.

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:39 am
by Fr. McGreer
James Murphy wrote:What a shame they passed that law meaning you legally have to buy releases from bands you like. That's going to cripple us all finanically.

:lol:

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:10 am
by Guest
Your right nobody is forced to buy them but after 15 yrs of following the band, spending every penny on gigs/merchandise etc. (And loving every bit of it btw) this shit kinda makes ya sick. Its a slap in the face from the band. Stinks of a Couldnt give a fuck once we get our few bob attitude. Clearly don't value the songs or the music just the moola boola.


The Best of The Pogues (1991): No. 11 UK
Essential Pogues (1991)
The Rest of The Best (1992)
The Very Best of The Pogues (2001): No. 18 UK
The Ultimate Collection (2005): No. 15 UK
Dirty Old Town: The Platinum Collection (Budget CD) (2005)
Just Look Them Straight in the Eye and Say....POGUE MAHONE!! (Anthology/Box Set of rare and unreleased tracks) (2008)
The Very best of The Pogues (2013)
30:30: The Essential Collection (2013)[21]
Pogues 30 (2013)[22]

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:05 pm
by Doktor Avalanche
Guest wrote:Your right nobody is forced to buy them but after 15 yrs of following the band, spending every penny on gigs/merchandise etc. (And loving every bit of it btw) this shit kinda makes ya sick. Its a slap in the face from the band. Stinks of a Couldnt give a fuck once we get our few bob attitude. Clearly don't value the songs or the music just the moola boola.


The Best of The Pogues (1991): No. 11 UK
Essential Pogues (1991)
The Rest of The Best (1992)
The Very Best of The Pogues (2001): No. 18 UK
The Ultimate Collection (2005): No. 15 UK
Dirty Old Town: The Platinum Collection (Budget CD) (2005)
Just Look Them Straight in the Eye and Say....POGUE MAHONE!! (Anthology/Box Set of rare and unreleased tracks) (2008)
The Very best of The Pogues (2013)
30:30: The Essential Collection (2013)[21]
Pogues 30 (2013)[22]

Agreed the redundancy of compliations is excessive, but Just Look 'Em In The Eye is altogether different.

Just sayin...

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:34 pm
by James Murphy
Guest wrote:Your right nobody is forced to buy them but after 15 yrs of following the band, spending every penny on gigs/merchandise etc. (And loving every bit of it btw) this shit kinda makes ya sick. Its a slap in the face from the band. Stinks of a Couldnt give a fuck once we get our few bob attitude. Clearly don't value the songs or the music just the moola boola.


The Best of The Pogues (1991): No. 11 UK
Essential Pogues (1991)
The Rest of The Best (1992)
The Very Best of The Pogues (2001): No. 18 UK
The Ultimate Collection (2005): No. 15 UK
Dirty Old Town: The Platinum Collection (Budget CD) (2005)
Just Look Them Straight in the Eye and Say....POGUE MAHONE!! (Anthology/Box Set of rare and unreleased tracks) (2008)
The Very best of The Pogues (2013)
30:30: The Essential Collection (2013)[21]
Pogues 30 (2013)[22]


I bow to no-one in my being a fan of the Pogues. I only own the Ultimate Collection, for the excellent live album it's tacked on to, and I saved up for Just Look Them In the Eye..., which is a better piece of product than Hell's Ditch or Peace & Love. Those collections of songs I already own? Don't matter to me and don't affect me. I think the Pistols probably beat the Pogues for compilations vs. real albums over a similar time period, and only an idiot or a completist would own Flogging a Dead Horse.

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:33 pm
by No_Soho
Sad really that given his lifelong efforts to give the fans value for money, the main selling point of this set is the Joe Strummer stuff. Boo.

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:25 pm
by soulfinger
Is there any other profession where you would get slaughtered like this for selling your product?

Don't buy it if you don't want to but for fucks sake find something worth whining about to whine about or don't whine.

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:31 pm
by in_the_morning
It's not whining, it's stating an opinion and criticising things. A new album would be brilliant, but this milking machinery is getting on my tits by now. OR: gathering great recordings / videos from the past and putting them together, like live performances and interviews from TV shows and stuff. But this is getting pathetic..still the greatest band ever, for sure, but this is rather annoying.

Re: POGUES 30 / STRUMMER/POGUES

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:37 pm
by Sportin' Life
in_the_morning wrote:It's not whining, it's stating an opinion and criticising things. A new album would be brilliant, but this milking machinery is getting on my tits by now. OR: gathering great recordings / videos from the past and putting them together, like live performances and interviews from TV shows and stuff. But this is getting pathetic..still the greatest band ever, for sure, but this is rather annoying.


I can't possibly understand how having more options of products from one of your favorite band is a bad thing. Personally, I think it may tank -- even a fan like myself has little interest since I have almost everything else -- but that will be the record company's problem and none of my own.