Page 1 of 2

New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:07 am
by HeyNowHey
Shout Factory says on Twitter that there's a new compilation coming out soon: "18-track CD, out Jan 22. Includes 8-pg book with new liner notes."

Image

Wasn't there already a compilation with this title?

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:18 am
by philipchevron
HeyNowHey wrote:Shout Factory says on Twitter that there's a new compilation coming out soon: "18-track CD, out Jan 22. Includes 8-pg book with new liner notes."

Image

Wasn't there already a compilation with this title?


Yes, in Europe a few years ago, but it's a different collection.

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:28 am
by DzM
Hey. That's the poster from the 2006 shows, right?

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:17 am
by philipchevron
DzM wrote:Hey. That's the poster from the 2006 shows, right?


One of them, yes.

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:10 am
by Low D
Just what the world needed, yet another Pogues comp!

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:39 am
by philipchevron
Low D wrote:Just what the world needed, yet another Pogues comp!


In fairness, there hasn't been one in N. America since Essential Pogues in 1991.

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:47 pm
by Low D
philipchevron wrote:
Low D wrote:Just what the world needed, yet another Pogues comp!


In fairness, there hasn't been one in N. America since Essential Pogues in 1991.


Wait, was "Ultimate Pogues" not domestic? How did i get a copy so quick?

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:18 am
by nboldock
Very nice artwork.

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:12 pm
by philipchevron
nboldock wrote:Very nice artwork.


The Very Best of the Pogues

1. Dirty Old Town

2. The Sunnyside Of The Street

3. If I Should Fall From Grace With God

4. The Irish Rover

5. Rain Street

6. A Pair Of Brown Eyes

7. Boys From The County Hell

8. Fairytale Of New York

9. Body Of An American

10. Thousands Are Sailing

11. Sally MacLennane

12. Misty Morning, Albert Bridge

13. Tuesday Morning

14. Rainy Night In Soho

15. Streams of Whiskey

16. The Sickbed of Cuchulainn

17. Young Ned Of The Hill

18. Love You ’Till The End

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:24 am
by ManniGee
philipchevron wrote:
nboldock wrote:Very nice artwork.


The Very Best of the Pogues

1. Dirty Old Town

2. The Sunnyside Of The Street

3. If I Should Fall From Grace With God

4. The Irish Rover

5. Rain Street

6. A Pair Of Brown Eyes

7. Boys From The County Hell

8. Fairytale Of New York

9. Body Of An American

10. Thousands Are Sailing

11. Sally MacLennane

12. Misty Morning, Albert Bridge

13. Tuesday Morning

14. Rainy Night In Soho

15. Streams of Whiskey

16. The Sickbed of Cuchulainn

17. Young Ned Of The Hill

18. Love You ’Till The End


Very nice song selection...will that be available in Europe, too ?

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:37 am
by DzM
ManniGee wrote:Very nice song selection...will that be available in Europe, too ?

Isn't everything available everywhere these days? :)

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:09 pm
by kmurray105
philipchevron wrote:
nboldock wrote:Very nice artwork.


The Very Best of the Pogues

1. Dirty Old Town

2. The Sunnyside Of The Street

3. If I Should Fall From Grace With God

4. The Irish Rover

5. Rain Street

6. A Pair Of Brown Eyes

7. Boys From The County Hell

8. Fairytale Of New York

9. Body Of An American

10. Thousands Are Sailing

11. Sally MacLennane

12. Misty Morning, Albert Bridge

13. Tuesday Morning

14. Rainy Night In Soho

15. Streams of Whiskey

16. The Sickbed of Cuchulainn

17. Young Ned Of The Hill

18. Love You ’Till The End

Rather egalitarian, except in the case of Andrew...

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:53 am
by Hennybhoy
ManniGee wrote:
philipchevron wrote:
nboldock wrote:Very nice artwork.


The Very Best of the Pogues

1. Dirty Old Town
.......


Very nice song selection...will that be available in Europe, too ?


On amazon.de it is available for pre-order (as Import), so I guess it will.......

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:48 pm
by Low D
I'm a bit surprised you've done this before these fora have finished deciding which the best songs actually ARE, we're still only on P & L! :D

Re: New compilation: The Very Best of the Pogues

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:30 am
by DzM
Low D wrote:I'm a bit surprised you've done this before these fora have finished deciding which the best songs actually ARE, we're still only on P & L! :D

The Market is a hungry beast and can't wait for the crowd to make up its mind.