Page 2 of 30

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:07 am
by philipchevron
territa wrote:
philipchevron wrote:Shane sang "1000s" tonight, and very well too. But we're hoping to use a version with me singing the song (either from Manchester or New York) in the bonus materials.

:D I take it you are happy with show? No need for heavy editing?

Now I realize why I've been saving my Amazon credits. Not the same as being there, but the next best thing.


Oh, in a couple of cases, we will be happy for the opportunity to do Take 2 on Wednesday. :wink:

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:15 am
by Simon
No need for edition. Best gig ever in my case:) thank you the pogues amazing:)

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 pm
by SkaPunkAndOtherJunk
Can't wait to see this! Let me know if you guys need any photos for the release

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:53 pm
by kmurray105
philipchevron wrote:
Iggy Lady wrote:Will that be Manchester - Christmas 2012? :))))


Um.......no, I think it's 2004 (?) Manchester or 2005 (?) New York, the only other shows we filmed since the reunion.

New York was 2006

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:55 am
by Guest
The box set CD/DVD can be pre ordered on amazon France :

http://www.amazon.fr/Pogues-Paris-Anniv ... thwao09-21

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:34 pm
by Hennybhoy
Guest wrote:The box set CD/DVD can be pre ordered on amazon France :

http://www.amazon.fr/Pogues-Paris-Anniv ... thwao09-21



So is this the Special Edition with the Bonus material or just the "normal" version????

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:11 pm
by philipchevron
Hennybhoy wrote:
Guest wrote:The box set CD/DVD can be pre ordered on amazon France :

http://www.amazon.fr/Pogues-Paris-Anniv ... thwao09-21



So is this the Special Edition with the Bonus material or just the "normal" version????


I think this is the Special Edition. The normal version - on separate CD, DVD and Blu Ray formats is in single discs only - I think.

We listened to both shows today and are pleased with both.

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:18 pm
by redadeg
philipchevron wrote:We listened to both shows today and are pleased with both.


Who exactely is "we"?

Just a question who is involved to make decisions, if it is good or not.

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:42 pm
by philipchevron
redadeg wrote:
philipchevron wrote:We listened to both shows today and are pleased with both.


Who exactely is "we"?

Just a question who is involved to make decisions, if it is good or not.


We. The Pogues. Who else would it be?

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:09 pm
by redadeg
Thanks Pfil!

Thougt about some Polydor guys, who dont know much about real music! Image

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:30 pm
by robanito
It says that it's a bonus edition: 2 CDS & 1 DVD of the shows in Paris, +1 bonus DVD (40 minutes) of a 1986 french emission with interviews and shows.

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:21 pm
by philipchevron
redadeg wrote:Thanks Pfil!

Thougt about some Polydor guys, who dont know much about real music! Image


Well, point taken perhaps, but Lionel Grosheny and the other folks at Polydor knew enough about real music to offer this opportunity in the first place!!

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:50 am
by Low D
robanito wrote:It says that it's a bonus edition: 2 CDS & 1 DVD of the shows in Paris, +1 bonus DVD (40 minutes) of a 1986 french emission with interviews and shows.


Google translate tells me it comes with:

Content of the book-disk:
* 2 Live CD (approximately 25 titles)
* The live 1 DVD with bonus in a document of approximately 15 minutes consisting of exclusive interviews with Ken Casey (Dropkick Murphys), John Sheahan and Eamonn Campbell (Dubliners), Paddy Moloney (The Chieftains) and the Pogues on the 30 year career of the group
* 1 Bonus DVD only available in this edition, containing the program The children of the Rock special Pogues of 1986 as well as AVENUE OF THE ROCK with interview and previously unreleased live of the Pogues recorded in 1986, approximately 40 minutes of rare documents and unpublished

Live-DVD Special Edition

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:52 am
by in_the_morning
So this is going to be the special edition of the upcoming live dvd! It looks pretty cool 8) http://www.amazon.fr/Pogues-Paris-Anniv ... thwao09-21

According to the Shane MacGowan's Solo Project's Facebook-Page (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Shane-Mac ... 1191165022) it is going to be limited...so my question is how to get it here in Germany? Is there another way besides ordering it from the French amazon store? :o

Re: NEW PARIS DVD/CD

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:01 am
by DaveG
philipchevron wrote:
territa wrote:
philipchevron wrote:Shane sang "1000s" tonight, and very well too. But we're hoping to use a version with me singing the song (either from Manchester or New York) in the bonus materials.

:D I take it you are happy with show? No need for heavy editing?

Now I realize why I've been saving my Amazon credits. Not the same as being there, but the next best thing.


Oh, in a couple of cases, we will be happy for the opportunity to do Take 2 on Wednesday. :wink:


I think like all of us on the tuesday in the place Shane was a little taken with Ella's singing on FONY that he forgot to do something for a split second - sing! :D soon brought it round though!